Childcare – Asthma & Anaphylaxis combined
Enhanced online delivery
(*Full face to face delivery available on request)
Northern Beaches, Sydney
NORTHERN BEACHES ASTHMA & ANAPHYLAXIS COURSES
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance and provide advance training in the use of adrenaline auto injectors for the treatment of anaphylaxis and the advance treatments associated with asthma.
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
This course is a skill set combination course designed for child care workers containing the following units:
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace, and
- 22578VIC Course in first aid management of anaphylaxis
Childcare workers and anyone seeking to learn asthma and anaphylaxis first aid emergency response for adults and children.
- Online theory component (approximately 2hrs)
- Practical assessment (15 mins)
Course Outline: Online Delivery – self paced learning with face to face assessment
The delivery mode for online enrolment – self paced learning with interactive face to face assessment is a combination of an online interactive platform via Training Desk with a scheduled face to face practical assessment session.
Online Course Delivery Includes:
- Enrolment and access to the course on Training Desk
- Self-paced online course content including:
- Online interactive learning activities
- Theory assessment
- Training and mentor support provided to assist the student to complete all components of the course including assessment tasks.
Face to Face practical assessment session (30 minutes)
- Face to Face assessment will be conducted 1:1 – 1:4, either 1 student and the trainer with a maximum of 4 students and the trainer in the room at the same time.
- Assessment appointment is to be booked within 3 weeks of completion of the online course content.
Pre-course Study Requirements
Completion of all pre-course (online) content is mandatory prior to a student undertaking his/her practical assessment. Pre-course content can be found in the training desk application upon booking your course and is accessible by logging in to the Training Desk application using your created username and password.
Payment Terms and Course Fees
Please refer to the Beaches first aid booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – please refer to the student handbook.
Payment terms – Payment is upfront for all students wishing to enrol in a publicly listed first aid course. Group and private booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Students undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. For specific assessment requirements, please refer to the those listed on the course directory page. https://firstaidtraining.com.au/courses/100733
$80 (incl’ GST)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (7am – 6pm)
Wednesday (3pm – 6pm)
Saturday (7am – 11am)
(Please click the “Book now” button for all available course times and bookings)
Beaches First Aid
Suite 6, 1761 Pittwater Road,
Mona Vale NSW 2103
[ Google Map ]
Ample parking is available close to the venue.
Learners Rights/Responsibilities/refund policy
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook available on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities of students, including complaints and appeals